Desertification is a colossal aspect of drylands with global impact. By sustainably managing land and striving to achieve land degradation neutrality, the UNCCD will reduce the impact of climate change, avoid conflict over natural resources and help communities to thrive.
Following landmark decisions at COP 12 in Ankara, the UNCCD is set to become a driving force in achieving Sustainable Development Goal 15 “Life on Land” and target 15.3 on land degradation neutrality. Against this backdrop, the UNCCD introduces a new corporate logo.
The new logo is an all-encompassing symbol of our work and devoted endeavours. It combines all the key elements of the Convention in an elegant and simplistic delivery that can be instantly interpreted by an international audience.
- The landscape representing land stewardship.
- The hand showing human presence.
- Nature suggesting hope, progress and life.
- The circle symbolising an inclusive convention with global reach.
- The traditional UN laurel wreath demanding respect and demonstrating authority.
The logo designed by: Beth Johnson
For further information, contact:
Spokesperson/Communication team leader
yhori [at] unccd.int